Connectors for the Commodore 64
Most of the port sockets on the C64 motherboard are now very difficult - if not impossible - to find new so those listed below will have been salvaged (carefully desoldered by myself and cleaned ready for refitting.)
(The standard chip sockets are of course brand new.)
Click on the product thumbnail for an enlarged view.
16 Pin DIL Chip Socket
DIL 16 socket (Suitable for 4116, 4164, 4044, 74LS139, 74LS157, 74LS257, 74LS258 etc)
28 Pin DIL Socket
DIL28 Socket - Suitable for for ROM in Spectrum, SID and PLA chips in the Commodore 64
40 Pin DIL Chip Socket
DIL40 socket. EG: for Z80 and ULA on Spectrum, 6510 CPU and CIAs on Commodore 64
Joystick connector for Commodore 64.
Salvaged part, removed from a breadbin style C64.
Clean, undamaged (pins are not corroded) and in good working order.
Supplied with screws.
Cartridge Port Connector For Commodore 64
Salvaged from a breadbin style Commodore 64 - intact and clean.
Power LED assembly for C64C (Green LED)
- Original, rectangular GREEN power LED with connector for C64C
- Approx 14cm long
- Not suitable for "breadbin" C64 (see below for those).
Power LED assembly for C64C (Red LED)
- Original, rectangular RED power LED with connector for C64C
- Approx 14cm long
- Not suitable for "breadbin" C64 (see below for those)
Red Power LED, cable and socket with new fixing grommet
- Standard RED Commodore 64 power LED with cable and plug as used in the breadbin C64 (about 25CM long)
- Includes a new fixing grommet (same type as original)
- Not suitable for the later white C64C since that uses a rectangular LED.
- If you require the version with a longer than normal cable or different LED colour (EG: for the C64G model) - just leave me a note in the special instructions box during checkout.
Power socket (7 pin DIN) for Commodore 64
- Salvaged from a breadbin style C64. Tested and working.
- Note: Not suitable for the early and relatively rare KU-14194 HB revision boards (on these, the power socket has the front 2 anchoring pins 10mm apart, instead of the usual 5.5mm) - Please see this photo for comparison.
Replacement power plug (7 pin DIN) for Commodore 64 PSU
Serial / IEC Disk Drive connector (6 pin DIN) for Commodore 64
Salvaged part from a breadbin style Commodore 64 - tested and working